Mardi Himal Trek got opened in 2012 and soon won the heart of travelers from all around the world. The off-beaten trail through picturesque villages and dense forests makes the journey adventurous. Mardi Himal Trekking leads to the Mardi Himal Base Camp, situated at 4,500 meters. Today, Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek is known as one of the best alternatives for Annapurna Base Camp Trek. If you are someone trekking for the first time in the Himalayas, then this trek is the best option to introduce yourself to the Himalayan trail.
Mardi Himal is located opposite the south face of Mt. Annapurna and east of ModiKhola across the valley from Mt. Hiunchuli. The trail is relatively less crowded than ABC Trek, however, the experience is fairly rewarding. The trek offers breath-taking landscapes and stunning views of the western Himalayan mountains like Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,061 m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6,441 m), Mt. Tukuche (6,920m), Mt. Fishtail (6,993 m), LamjungHimal (6,972 m), and many others. Trekking through beautiful forests of rhododendron and crossing many villages, you will reach the base camp of Mardi Himal.
From the top of the base camp, which is also called the Upper Viewpoint, you will be seeing sumptuous sunrise. Mardi Himal Trek Nepal is a moderate trek with a few difficult sections. Anyone can do this trek with our professionally designed Mardi Himal Trek itinerary and support on the route. There will be several ascends and descends along the way, so you have to be in good health and physical fitness to join this trek. Check our Mardi Himal Trek map to know more about the trail. You can contact us any time for your queries or know in detail about Mardi Himal Trek cost.
Mardi Himal Trek Best Season:
Spring and autumn are the perfect seasons for Mardi Himal Trek. The weather is stable, and the views of the mountains are brilliant during these two seasons. March to April, which is spring in Nepal, welcomes hundreds of species of flowers and vegetation that decorate the entire trail, making the journey extremely pleasant. Likewise, October to November- autumn has its charm of festiveness in the air.
The temperature ranges around 17 °C in spring and 20 °C in autumn, with a minimum night temperature around 5 °C. The nights and mornings are cold but not free. Monsoon and winter are the offseason. The views are not clear in monsoon with a slippery trail, not ideal for trekking. Whereas, the extreme cold in winter can make the journey strenuous. The temperature falls below -5 °C in winter. If you want to do Mardi Himal Trek in December or any other off months, then do let us know. We will provide you with the best advice.
Mardi Himal Trek Accommodation:
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek is a teahouse trek. You can also see guesthouses along the way. Mardi Himal Trek Route follows a very remote part of the Annapurna region, where the infrastructure is underdeveloped. Therefore, the available accommodations are also basic and offer limited services. The rooms are usually small with shared or private washrooms.
Mostly twin sharing rooms are available, but if you want a single room, then do let us know beforehand so that we can manage to get one for you. We can't promise that though. As the elevation will increases, the options will get lesser. And especially in the peak trekking season when the rooms are booked in advance.
Mardi Himal Trek Budget:
Mardi Himal Trek Cost may vary due to the services available in the package. The mode of transportation, accommodations, and meals does play a big role in the fluctuation of the package cost. We offer comprehensive Mardi Himal Trek cost with strong on-field support. The group size also matters. If you are trekking in a big group of, let's say, 12 or 15 people, and then the price will be comparatively lesser. You can contact us anytime for detailed information regarding the cost of the Mardi Himal Trek package.
*Note: Personal expenses like drinks, meals out of itinerary, shopping, extra nights in Kathmandu or Pokhara, etc. are not included in the package cost.
Mardi Himal Trek Packing List:
Packing wisely is very important for a smooth journey. Under-packing and over-packing both can lead to unnecessary difficulty during the trek. Read below to know the things you may need during the Mardi Himal Trekking. You can also buy high-quality trekking gear in Nepal.
- Trekking shirt, pants, and shorts
- Breathable underwears
- Thermal wear
- Woolen socks and gloves
- Trekking shoes and a pair of sandal
- Sunglasses- UV protected
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- Day Pack
- Toiletries (sunscreen, quick-dry towel, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, wet tissues, toothbrush and paste, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- First Aid kit
- Miscellaneous (snacks, bars, extra battery, chargers, notebook, pen, cards, book, etc.)
Mardi Himal Trek Distance:
Mardi Himal Trek covers around 49 kilometers. The highest point of the trek is the High Viewpoint, situated at 4,200 meters. During the trek, you have to walk 5 to 6 hours daily.
Mardi Himal Trek Details:
- Double-check your trekking gears and make sure everything is there before the beginning of the trek. Do carry a few warm clothes as it can get cold in the mornings and nights.
- If you are thinking of trekking alone, then do hire a professional guide at least. Even though it is a short trek, the Mardi Himal Trek route falls under the off-beaten trek in the Himalayas. Accompany of an experienced guide will keep you safe.
- Reusable water bottles and water purification tablets, no doubt will help you save a lot of money on the trail and preserve the surroundings as well.
- In the peak trekking season, the trail gets crowded, and pre-booking is necessary unless you want to spend the night under the sky.
- Don't take Mardi Himal Trek 10 Days easy. The trail low-key demands good physical fitness and stamina. You have to walk many hours a day on rugged and steep terrain.
- We highly advise you to visit your doctor before embarking on the journey and know about altitude sickness, symptoms, and what will work for your body.
- Keep yourself hydrated on the trek to avoid altitude sickness. At least drink two liters of water every day. Do not consume alcoholic drinks or smoke as it will dehydrate your body.
- Carrying insect repellents will help you to deal with mosquitoes. You usually need it during the monsoon season for the leech.
- Mardi Himal Trekking trail is a relatively new trek. The trail does not have Atm's so; do carry enough cash on you.