Buddha’s birth anniversary is celebrated every year during Baishakha Purnima (Full Moon of April or May). On this day people swarm in Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, and other Gumba ( Monastery) to pay homage to Lord Buddha and also visit Buddha’s birthplace in Lumbini and chant prayers and burn butter lamps. Lord Buddha was born in Lumbini, Nepal as Prince Siddhartha Gautam in 623 BC to King Suddhodhana and Queen Maya Devi but he abandoned his luxurious royal life, including his wife (Yashodhara), son (Rahul) at age 29 when he realized the misery of mankind and went in search of enlightenment. Siddhartha Gautama hardly meditated for six-year in different places and finally, he sat under the Pipal Tree (Bodhivriksha) with Kuss (a sacred plant) Mattress, on the eighth day of this meditation he got full enlightenment on the day of Baishaakha Purnima (Full Moon). After enlightening Siddhartha Gautama was known as “Gautam Buddha”. Buddha Jayanti or also known as Buddha Purnima is the most sacred festival of Buddhists. Buddha Purnima (Buddha Jayanti) is celebrated in remembrance of Lord Buddha and his great Buddhist philosophy quotes. This year 2567th Buddha Jayanti going to celebrate on 5th –May-2022, you may visit Lumbini during this occasion. Where Priminister Sher Bahadur Dewa invites the Narendra Modi PM of India as Chief Guest of the Buddha Jayanti ceremony. They will deliver Buddha's Philosophy to the world from Lumbini, Nepal.
Lord Buddha is the founder of Buddhism, and now 488 million Buddha flowers are in the world. Buddhist philosophy quotes are much more important to this day. This day commemorates three important events in Buddha's life. While spreading precious quotes to the human being, he got Parinirvana at Kushinagar, India at the age of eighty.
According to Buddhism, there are four main holy places for Buddhists:
Lumbini: Where Buddha was born.
Bodha Gaya: Where Buddha got enlightenment.
Sarnath: From where Buddha first taught the Dharma.
Kusinagar: where Buddha got Parinirvana.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished for your anger.
- Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become.