Nangkartshang Peak is a spectacular viewpoint in Khumbu. This peak is called by the name of the centenary old Nangkartshang Monastery, located just below the Nangkartshang Peak. Nangkartshang Peak rise from the corner of the Dingboche Village, if we look Northern side of Dingboche along the way to Everest Base Camp Trek trail, the ridge gradually expanse from the Stupa gaining elevation higher up to the 5,615m with the black rocky tower as sub-peak just below the Phokalde Peak (5,806m). Sometimes this peak is called Dingboche View Point also due to the wonderful Dingbuche Valley view.
Nangkar Tshang Peak is an ample destination for trekkers who need to acclimatize before getting to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar. It takes about 2 hours to walk from Dingboche to get to the top of Nangkartshang Peak. It is worthwhile to visit this peak, from where you have the best view of Imja Valley. Including three highest mountains in the world; Mt. Makalu (8,463m), Lhotse (8,749m), Cho Oyu (8,201m) and Island Peak (6,189m), Amadablam (6,812m), Kangtega (6,782m), Thamserku (6,623m), Taboche (6,542m), Cholatse (6,440m), etc. and Imja Glacier can be seen from Nagkartshang Viewpoint. Especially, the view of Amadablam is amazing from a bird fly distance.
A glance of 360 Degree Amazing View of 3 Highest Mountains in the world from top on the Nangkartshang Peak.
For Trekkers who already visited the Khumbu region and likes to hike over five thousand meters, Nangkartshang Peak is the best option. Now a day’s Nangkartshang Peak is not only a side trip, but it is also popular as a trekking destination. Manly, there are three most popular routes to the Nangkartshang Peak Trek; regular flight to Lukla Airport or the walking route from Jiri or Salleri. It is five days' walking distance from Kathmandu - Lukla in the Sagarmatha National Park. Spring (March, April, and May) and autumn (September, October, and November) are the best times to visit Nangkartshang Peak.
Nangkartasang Peak Highlights
Elevation (feet): 18422F
Elevation (meters): 5,615m
Range/Region: Khumbu Himalaya Range in Central Region
Difficulty: Moderate to Strenuous
Walking Time: 2 Hours
Best Season: Sep, Oct, Nov & Mar, Apr, May
Nearest Airport: Lukla
Hiking From: Dingboche
Most popular trek in Everest Region:
- Everest Base Camp Trek -14 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek and Fly Back Helicopter -9 Days
- Everest 3 Passes Trek -21 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek -8 Days
- Gokyo Chola Pass Trek -19 Days
- Gokyo Lakes Trek -14 Days
Here is Nangkartshang Peak Trek Suggested Itinerary:
Day 00: Arrival transfer to the Hotel, & trekking preparation, and paper workday in Kathmandu.
Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800m) -30 minutes, trek to Phakding (2,640m) -3 to 4 hours
Day 02: Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,430m) -5 to 6 hours
Day 03: Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar and visit Khumjung Village (3,790m)
Day 04: Trek Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3,867m) -5 to 6 hours
Day 05: Trek Tyangboche to Dingboche (4,300m) -5 to 6 hours
Day 06: Explore the day at Dingboche and visit Nangkartshang Peak for an amazing view.
Day 07: Trek Dingboche to Namche Bazaar (3430m) - 7 to 8 hours
Day 08: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800m) – 6 to 7 hours
Day 09: Fly back to Kathmandu -30 minutes and enjoy the rest of the day & then final departures to your Destination.
Mount Everest Base Camp Trek: Essential Tips and Information for Your Successful Trip on the Base of Top of the World “Mt. Everest 8,848.86m”
Here is a list of some tips that help to make your trip successful. Kindly go through it.
- Experience the Ultimate Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour: A Comprehensive Guide
- Daily Bus and Jeep Service from Kathmandu to Lukla: Private and Shared Options Available
- 7 Money-Saving Tips to Enhance Your Everest Base Camp Trek Experience
- Experience the Adventure of a Lifetime: The Ultimate Guide to Everest Base Camp Trek in 2023-2024
- 14-Day Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary: A Step-by-Step Guide for a Memorable Journey
- Unlocking the Secrets of Everest Base Camp Trek: Top 7 Insider Tips You Need to Know
- 30 Mind-Blowing Facts About Mount Everest: Discovering the World's Tallest Mountain
- 15 Essential Tips for a Safe and Enjoyable Trek to Mount Everest Base Camp
- Lukla Airport: Your Gateway to the Top of the World Adventure
- Where is Mount Everest Located? Exploring the Geographic Wonder of the World
- The Best Time to Trek to Everest Base Camp: A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Season
- Everest Base Camp Elevation: What You Need to Know Before You Go
- How Much Does an Everest Base Camp Trek Cost? A Breakdown of Expenses and Savings Tips
- Getting to Everest Base Camp: A Comprehensive Guide to Transportation and Routes
- Your Ultimate Everest Base Camp Trek Packing List: Essentials and Recommendations
- Kalapatthar: Experience the Best Views of Mount Everest on Your Trek
- Understanding Flights from Kathmandu to Lukla: Why Departure from Ramechhap is Recommended
Note: If you require any further details or information, please feel free to Nepal Mother House Treks. We are here for your assistance.